Monday 30 December 2013

Alexander McQueen Wows!

The sudden death of Alexander McQueen was devastating for his fans and the fashion industry, but in my opinion his business survived his passing.

I was first introduced to Alexander McQueen designs in 2009 and it was clear to me that even besides it respects femininity and glamour in their own way.

Accessories designed by McQueen are probably the most famous and most wanted ones among fashion circles. Example: Skull embellishments make their shoes, clutches, and jewelry even more interesting, intense and unusual. No doubt in my mind that his silhouettes have added a sense of fantasy, glamour and edge to fashion:





Their clutches are world famous; they represent luxury, glamour and good taste in fashion. The McQueen skull clutch bag is another sought-after accessory that has sparked many a counterfeit. I dream of having one soon:



And don’t get me started on the Alexander McQueen scarf bearing the skull print. It is also a celebrity must-have and was copied around the world:



However, one thing is for sure: with his death this designer left a huge mark on the fashion industry. But I completely admire and love Sarah who successfully continues the tradition of the brand by making pieces of fashion as art worth admiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment